Ten Tips To Successfully Market Your Home
There is a lot more to putting your home up for sale than placing a sign on the front lawn. Selling your home quickly and getting the best price possible requires marketing your property and using the services of an experienced agent. Here are some of the strategies you can use to market your home.
- Hire A Professional REALTOR®—The ability to market your home is always best served by hiring a real estate expert. They have access to resources that you as an individual do not, and their experience and knowledge are certainly worth the commission.
- Photograph The Exterior Of Your Home—Good high quality photographs of the entire exterior of your home can really spark the interest of potential buyers. These photographs can be used in a variety of online and print marketing campaigns.
- Photograph The Interior Of Your Home—Be sure you also have good quality photos of every major room in your home, especially the kitchen, bathrooms, and master bedroom. Also ensure that these pictures are taken in good light, and from angles that best highlight the space they are to represent.
- Purchase A Virtual Tour—Virtual tours are one of the latest and most effective marketing methods in the real estate industry. Essentially a virtual tour allows potential viewers to get a 360-degree perspective of your property from the comfort of their home or office. This method is also a great way to assure that only interested buyers show up at an open house. Your agent can have these tours put on multiple listing websites as well as on their own pages.
- Print Advertising—While this may seem to be a costly and outdated marketing method, there are still a considerable number of potential buyers who use print resources to find prospective properties.
- Signage—Be sure you have clear, visible signage on your property that indicates it is for sale. Also, be sure your agent’s contact information can be seen from a distance so that those passing by can take down their name and number.
- Direct Mail—Again, this may seem like an outdated method of advertising, but it is still effective, especially if your home may appeal to an older demographic.
- Open Houses—This is still the most effective way to get a sale. Be sure your home is in clean and presentable condition before hosting an open house, and ask your REALTOR® for advice about preparing your home for such an opening.
- Agent Tours—These tours can give agents a better look at your home without having the general public in your house, and can assist them in matching your home with their clients. Your agent can arrange these tours.
- E-marketing—Like print advertising, this is a fairly inexpensive and effective method of marketing your home that your REALTOR® can offer to you as part of their services.